For travel on/after 1 November 2015 we modify the conditions for free baggage allowance on flights operated by Czech Airlines.
Area 1: Amsterdam, Barcelona, Bilbao, Billund, Birmingham, Bologna, Bratislava, Budapest, Copenhagen, Dusseldorf, Gothenburg, Hamburg, Košice, Linköping, Liverpool, Malta, Milano, Nice, Ostrava, Pisa, Porto, Radom, Rome, Skopje, Stockholm, Strasbourg, Växjö, Venice, Zagreb
Area 2: Almaty, Brussels, Bucharest, Ekaterinburg, Frankfurt, Helsinki, Kyiv, Madrid, Moscow, Paris, Rostov-on-Don, Samara, Seoul, St. Petersburg, Ufa, Warsaw, Yerevan
Travel class Business
|Tariff package Business||Travel to/from all destinations|
|2 pieces, up to 32 kg/70 lbs and 203 cm/80 in each|
Travel class Economy
|Tariff package Flexi||Travel to/from all destinations|
|2 pieces, up to 23 kg/50 lbs and 203 cm/80 in each|
|Tariff package Standard||Travel to/from|
|Area 1||Area 2|
|1 piece, up to 15 kg/33 lbs and 158 cm/62 in *||1 piece, up to 23 kg/50 lbs and 158 cm/62 in|
* If you are member of our OK PLUS loyalty programme and present valid membership card at the check-in counter, you are allowed to carry 1 piece of checked baggage up to 23 kg/50 lbs and 158 cm/62 in free of charge on flights operated by Czech Airlines. You can subscribe to OK Plus loyalty programme here.
|Tariff package Value||Travel to/from|
Amsterdam, Barcelona, Birmingham,
Dusseldorf, Milano, Rome, Stockholm
|Without checked baggage**|
**On selected flights operated by Czech Airlines the tariff package Value is available to the customers who travel with hand baggage only.
- OK Plus Silver, Gold or Platinum card holders and SkyTeam Elite or Elite Plus card holders are entitled to a free extra piece of checked baggage on flights operated by Czech Airlines and assigned by marketing code of SkyTeam carrier provided the sum of all three dimensions (length + width + height) does not exceed 158 cm/62 in and the weight does not exceed 23 kg/50 lbs.
- If the ticket is issued by another carrier, or if another carrier participates in carriage, different free baggage allowance can apply. Please contact your ticket seller.
If you are travelling with a child:
- A child under 2 years of age without reserved seat and with the ticket in the tariff package Business, Flexi or Standard is entitled to carry 1 piece of checked baggage provided the sum of dimensions (length + width + height) does not exceed 115 cm (45 in) and the weight does not exceed 10 kg (22 lbs), and 1 folded stroller free of charge. A child without reserved seat and with the ticket in the tariff package Value is entitled to carry 1 folded stroller free of charge. A child without reserved seat is not entitled to carry hand luggage.
- A child with reserved seat is entitled to the same free baggage allowance as adult passenger. Folded stroller can also be carried free of charge with respect to the age of a child.
On flights operated by Czech Airlines, one piece of checked baggage must not exceed 32 kg/70 lbs and 203 cm/80 in (length + width + depth), due to technical reasons. The exception applies to a passenger’s wheelchair, animals, musical instruments, (if it is possible) another item that cannot be divided on lighter pieces. Carriage of such non-standard baggage has to be confirmed by carrier in advance.
In your checked baggage, you may not carry money, cheques, credit cards, securities or other valuables, commercial or other personal documents, passports or other personal identification documents, keys, mobile telephones, spectacles and sunglasses, jewellery and articles made of precious metals, cameras, video-cameras or other electronic devices (including personal computers, laptops, and data CDs with databases), art works or fragile items.
Hand (Cabin) Baggage
You are entitled to take following hand baggage on board of the aircraft free of charge:
|Travel class Business||Number of pieces and weight||Dimension|
|Tariff package Business||2 pieces, up to 12 kg/26 lbs in total||maximum length 55 cm/22 in, width 45 cm/17.5 in and depth 25 cm/9.5 in including handle, side pockets and wheels|
|Travel class Economy|
|Tariff package Flexi||1 piece, up to 12 kg/26 lbs|
|Tariff package |
|1 piece, up to 8 kg/17.5 lbs|
All other items must be stored inside the hand baggage.
Your hand baggage you can transport on board in the assigned overhead storage bins or under the seat in front of you.
Hand baggage exceeding the allowed number, size or weight cannot be transported on board due to safety reasons. Such baggage will be transported as checked baggage for the appropriate fee.
You are not allowed to have, either with/on you or in your cabin baggage, the following prohibited items.
For more information about carrying liquids on board, see the security regulations.
Excess baggage charges on flights operated by Czech Airlines have been modified as of 1 February 2016. If you need to travel with checked-in baggage in excess of the free baggage allowance, it is possible to pay the respective charge online during the ticket purchase or at a later date via the “My Bookings” application on our website, our sales points or our Call Centre.
Click here for Excess Baggage Charges.
Excess baggage or non-standard size baggage is carried on the same aircraft with passenger, provided that the necessary space has been reserved in advance or is available in the aircraft on the day of departure.
Air transport is subject to strict security rules. Before you fly, find out which items are excluded from carriage.
According to the applicable international regulations, you are not allowed to have, either with/on you or in your cabin baggage, the following items:
- Knives and all other items of a stabbing or cutting nature
- Toys that look similar to real weapons (e.g., pistols, grenades)
Dangerous materials (explosives and ammunition, flammable and corrosive materials, compressed gases, toxic and infectious substances, oxidizing substances, radioactive materials, magnetic materials and other dangerous goods) may only be carried as cargo on air-waybill and under special conditions of carriage.
You are only permitted to take small quantities of liquids in your cabin luggage or on your person. These liquids must be in individual containers with a maximum capacity of 100 millilitres each. You must pack these containers in one transparent, re-sealable plastic bag with a capacity not exceeding one litre per person.
- Water and other drinks, soups, syrups
- Creams, lotions and oils
- Gels, including hair and shower gels
- Contents of pressurised containers, including shaving foam, setting foams, other foams and deodorants
- Pastes, including toothpaste
- Liquid-solid mixtures
- Any other item of similar consistency
Furthermore, you can take the following liquids on board:
Liquids for use during the flight, such as liquids required for medicinal purposes or due to special dietary requirements, including baby food. If you are carrying liquids for medicinal purposes or baby food, make sure they do not exceed the quantity required for the flight. Security staff may ask you to taste the liquid (e.g., baby food) or present a document of its origin (e.g., if carrying insulin, you must show a medical certificate or a prescription in your name).
For more information about carrying liquids on board, see the security regulations.
For details about carrying baggage and about prohibited items, see the Conditions of Carriage.
We will allow you to travel with your sports equipment on flights operated by Czech Airlines.
While purchasing the tickets you can arrange transport of sports equipment at our points of sale, through Call Centre at +420 239 007 007, or in the sales agency.
Sports equipment exceeding the free baggage allowance is transported for standard excess baggage charges with the exception of 1 piece of golf or ski equipment up to 15 kg that is transported free of charge. Sports equipment is checked in at the Oversize Baggage counter in most cases.
You are allowed to transport the following sports equipment as checked baggage
- Ski equipment packed in protective packing (e.g., one pair of skis, poles, boots and helmet or one snowboard, pair of boots and helmet, or one pair of water-skis) is treated as one piece of baggage. One piece of ski equipment weighing up to 15 kg is allowed to carry free of charge.
- Golf equipment (a bag with golf clubs, golf balls and one pair of shoes) is treated as one piece of baggage. One piece of golf equipment weighing up to 15 kg is allowed to carry free of charge
- A bicycle packed in protective packing is treated as one piece of baggage; a bicycle must be partially disassembled (with the handle bars in direct axis and the pedals removed)
- A surfboard or windsurfing set packed in protective packing is treated as one piece of baggage
- Other types of sports equipment, such as a kayak or other sports boat, fishing and scuba-diving equipment, hockey set, or other sports equipment must be packed in protective packing, and is treated as one piece of baggage
It may happen that your checked baggage is delayed or damaged upon arrival. Here you can find out what to do in such cases.